Monday, December 6, 2010

Lots of Changes: School

I am going back to school! I have been accepted to in TWU's Counseling and Development program and will be starting classes in January. The program is designed to be about 5 semesters long, but that depends on how many classes you take. Currently I am registered for 9 hours in the spring, and I plan to continue to take as many classes as I can manage while also working part time. I met with my advisor on Friday and was totally freaked out to learn that after the first semester, I will have clinical hours every semester after that. That means that in less than a year, I'll be meeting with clients. Yikes! I mean, I know that's the point, but still, it's a bit intimidating to think about! Anyway, this first semester will be heavily content based with a lot of papers and projects (oh joy). But as the program progresses, it shifts to a more counseling, hands-on focus. My advisor said that the demand shifts from work-load to time requirements as I progress through the program. Toward the end, the difficult part will be getting all of my hours in around actually having a life.

So, for those of you who felt I fell off the planet when I was in school before, well, I'm diving back off the edge. :) I am nervous, but I am also really excited. I really do feel like this is the direction God has called me and there's no better place to be than smack in the middle of His will, even when its scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment